Thursday 5 September 2013

Good Friends - Toronto and Gosford 4th & 5th September

Wednesday was a catch-up day at Toronto. We tied up at the yacht club jetty on Tuesday evening to re-charge the batteries, have showers and do some other housekeeping jobs. Roger and Carol came to a local Thai restaurant for an evening meal with us. We wanted to thank them for all the help they have given us since we have been in Lake Macquarie. The meal was excellent and we all had a great night - good food and good company.

For some time we have been thinking about catching a train to Gosford to see our friends Brian and Helen who are there for another month or so before starting their journey back to Tassie. The 8.31am train from Newcastle to Central, Sydney is an express, only stopping at half a dozen stations, so after an early start we were off  to Gosford for the day. We met Brian and Helen for morning coffee and then Helen and I went to find a bargain at the Red Cross Shop. I found a lovely little Royal Albert soap dish, but decided to be strong and resist temptation this time. Later at lunch Helen presented me with the dish. She had brought it for me while I wasn't looking. Thank you Helen. When I look at it in years to come I will remember the good times we had together on this trip.



Interesting sign on the Gosford Public Wharf

No comments: