Monday 19 August 2013

Tick Magnet 19th August

I'm not sure why, but my ability to attract bush ticks has my unsympathetic family rolling about laughing hysterically at my expense. Peter says he can hear them backstroking across the bay to find me. A portion of Peter and Greg's phone calls always contains quips about the problem. The last tick was picked up on a walk at Towlers Bay in Pittwater. I even sent Peter through the bush first, but they never get on him. Why me? Greg has even suggested I should be put in a bag and dusted!!! Ha, Ha, very funny guys! I have two frivolous tallies going on this trip. One is tick attachments to Liz - 5 at present. The other is how much money I find. Believe me it is not a realistic way to survive. The total since the start of the trip is $11.50. I'll still have to do some relief teaching when I get home.


Here they come!
 
 
It is Monday 19th August and because of a strong wind warning we are staying in this area today. We plan to make the trip to Lake Macquarie tomorrow, weather permitting.

No comments: