Tuesday 15 September 2015

Friends & A 'Meanie' Nomination 14th Sept


Waterfront, Horseshoe Bay
 
Arkaydes anchored in Horseshoe Bay today. It was great to catch up with both Ric and Val and of course Tige. Our sailing paths had not crossed since we spent the Easter holiday sharing a mooring with Arkaydes in Refuge Bay on Greg and Leisha's yacht, Ocean Street. We gossiped over coffee in the sunshine at the corner coffee shop and as lunch approached we agreed to meet at 4.30pm for a BBQ on the beach. Then we all adjourned to the boats for some R&R. Peter usually takes himself off for a walk in the afternoon, but I prefer to relax on board out of the heat with some sewing or a good book.

At the appointed time we met under the shady trees along the waterfront, found ourselves a table and BBQ, set out the food and settled in for a friendly chat. Then.... Ric spotted my shopping cool bag. Earlier in the afternoon I had mended it as the seam along the bottom had split. He could not get over the fact that I had fixed a $2.50 shopping bag and decided I needed a nomination for an esteemed position in the 'Meanies Club'. Ron (Roseanne) and his tight fisted mate had dreamed up this idea last year to celebrate those amongst us who excel at being a 'tight arse'!!! Thanks Ric. I love you too!

This is Ric admiring my neat handiwork!!

At this point I feel I need to defend myself. This afternoon I cleaned the boat. It shone like an new pin. No Horseshoe Bay grit on Rene's polished floors. I checked all the cupboards for any excess stuff that could take a trip to the Op Shop and washed everything I could find. After that I sat back and wondered what to do next. A quick look ashore informed me that Peter was the tiny black dot at the far end of the beach, at least half an hour away - that's if he did not 'have a chat' to one of the half dozen people between him and Lily. And there was Lily, residing peacefully on the beach with all the other dinghies waiting obediently for their master's return. Swimming ashore did not appeal, so I went back down stairs to see what I could do next. My sewing project (a cross stitch tablecloth) was complete, all the books and magazines had been read, cleaning done.... and then I spotted the broken cool bag.
"Well of course I thought. I'll mend you." So I did. Having confessed my 'Meanie' type behaviour I think I might be able to claim I was bored - although there might be a tiny bit of meanness there too.

BBQ time in Horseshoe Bay

It was wonderful to catch up with you guys again. Keep safe and enjoy the rest of your trip.



My project for this year - an old cross stitch tablecloth that I resurrected.
It had been partially worked in dull colours by an unknown person, so I unpicked the lot and started again.


1 comment:

cristina said...

The tablecloth looks lovely, Liz. Much nicer colours! I mended a free carry bag, used for our pegs....
See you soon. Xo